Friday, June 5, 2009

Loving the small library

I love working in a small library. Our library is small by any standard: small population, located in a small town, and in a small building; I love it. I love the fact that I know the people I serve. My office looks out at the interior of the library and when I see someone tucked into a corner engrossed in a book or magazine, I love it. I know the families, sometimes three and four generations of them. I love that they like just dropping in to say hello or to see what's new. Having the technology to get the information for my patrons, just like a big library, means I can usually find information that they might need quickly and efficiently.

Last evening just reminded me of all of these things as we were one of a number of locations used in the filming of a community DVD. There was a hum of excitement and lots of chuckles as we local residents served as film stars for the night. We try hard to meet the needs of the community, it's our home.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all the information you put out there for all of us to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete