Thursday, September 24, 2015

Adult Book Review by Kristina

We're posting book reviews by local readers! Feel free to comment your thoughts on these books as well.

  • Click on the title or book cover to see a synopsis and to see what formats we have.
  • Click the author to see additional titles by this author and view book series in order.

Kristina's Reviews:

Come Home by Lisa Scottoline
I enjoyed the characters and plot very much. I didn’t really like all the political/legal jargon towards the end. Much was not explained.

Not My Daughter by Barbara Delinsky 
I loved this book! It was personal and up to date. I loved the plot and the way it was written.

The Summer Kitchen by Lisa Wingate (Blue Sky Hills bk #2)
Wonderful! Well written and I loved how she kept coming back to “there’s always someone who’s life is harder.”

Summer Sisters by Judy Blume
Great book, I used to read her books as a young girl and I think they just got better as I got older. Great plot!

I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai 
Beautifully written. Amazing, strong girl and the culture is just so different to learn about. I love this book!

Half My Size: How I Lost 150lbs by Caroline Jhingory
Her story is stunning but I strongly disagree with her opinions about cutting out large food groups forever.

        

        



Note: All published book reviews are posted just as they were submitted to the library. They were not edited for content and are not the views of the Lillie M. Evans Library District. Positive or negative reviews and comments are fine so long they are kept civil and constructive. All comments are reviewed before being displayed publicly. We reserve the right to edit comments for privacy reasons or inappropriate content.

No comments:

Post a Comment