Friday, October 29, 2010

Message from the library director

Welcome to the Library Garden Bench. This blog was originally started by Joanne Cox who recently retired after 28 years at Lillie M. Evans Library. My name is Beth Duttlinger, and I’m the new director. I started at LME on September 1st, and I will be updating the blog regularly. I currently live in the Bradford area with my husband, Jon, and two children, Dell & Joe. My career in libraries began in 1986, and since then, I have had the opportunity to work in a variety of library settings. In addition to possessing a Masters degree in Library & Information Science from the University of Illinois-UC, I also have a Bachelor of Science degree in Library Science Education from Illinois State University. Most recently, I was employed as a Library Development Consultant at the Alliance Library System (ALS) and before that, I was the Learning Resources Center Coordinator at Black Hawk College-East Campus. I feel very fortunate to be at Lillie M. Evans Library District, and I look forward to serving library users in the Princeville area.

Many of you have already stopped by the library to say “hello” but on November 3rd, the Board of Trustees will be hosting an Open House from 3-6pm. Please come by for a visit. I am also available at the library during most weekdays if you would like to speak with me.

My plan with the Garden Bench Blog is to discuss topics and resources relevant to public libraries and our community. I will be posting each week, so I hope that you visit the Garden Bench often…

No comments:

Post a Comment